I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

What we are all about

Most Blogs are useless, informative and dull... We on the otherhand are as keen as wolverine hunters, as useful as six-ply toilet paper and the furthest thing from dull since luminous colours came out. So if you are into useless, informative and dull blogs, go play in traffic. Otherwise join us and rule the world!

MAKE YOUR MARK!

For those of you who find that you do not feel fulfilled just reading this blog and actually want to post something of your own, you can send your posts to:

editor.of.the.psychopathic@gmail.com

You wont regret it!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Feeling Emo

by Lauren Roodt
One of the best things that Grahamstown offers is the movies. Now I know it's not quite right for a student to choose movies over Friars but, every once in a while when we are feeling a little lethargic, my girls and I pop down to the movies. This week we decided it was due time to pay them a little visit. After a tough week full of emotions and steep up hills it was exactly what I needed. You must have experienced a week like that - if not dear prospective first year- you will. Trust me. Hormones, work and the moon. A bad combo. (A small aside: I blame the moon for everything. If I spill my water it's the moon's fault, if I have a bad hair day- jip it's the moon.)

Anyway, lest I get more side tracked...

I stumbled blindly into this one. My friend Caroline has been waiting to see Bella for the past three months so we all happily skipped into the theatre _ BLINDLY. What I expected to be a happy chic flic turned out to be the final push on my emotions. It was the most beautiful, touching movie I have seen for a very long time but it certainly pushed me over the edge and the pressure of the last week seemed to gush out of my eyes before I could blink it back.

Girls (sorry boys but I don't think you fit in here) a good cry when under pressure is the best thing for clearing the varsity blues. It goes miles. That, coupled with a good mug of Vanilla Milk and the most expensive choc-chip biscuits I could find fixed me up for another month. So, find yourself a brilliant bunch of friends (if you can't I'll happily share mine) and make regular visits to the movies. Goes down well to the start of a good weekend.

No comments: