I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

What we are all about

Most Blogs are useless, informative and dull... We on the otherhand are as keen as wolverine hunters, as useful as six-ply toilet paper and the furthest thing from dull since luminous colours came out. So if you are into useless, informative and dull blogs, go play in traffic. Otherwise join us and rule the world!

MAKE YOUR MARK!

For those of you who find that you do not feel fulfilled just reading this blog and actually want to post something of your own, you can send your posts to:

editor.of.the.psychopathic@gmail.com

You wont regret it!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Madness Courses Through My Veins, Like Giant Radio-Active Rubber Pants...


Coming to a place such as Rhodes really exposes you to many types of view points, beliefs and cultures and you are forced to respect and tolerate them. Toleration is a good virtue to have, I agree that people should tolerate others, but it gets to a point where someone rubs their beliefs up and down your face till you want to slice their tongue off with a blunt pair of nail clippers.

One such view point seems to attract the sort of people who love to pick fights is feminism. Personally, I feel that women should be treated equally to men and they should not be belittled for being female, but some take feminism to a whole new level. A prime example is holding the door open for people; If someone follows you to a doorway and wishes to enter, I personally hold the door open for them, regardless if they are male or female, but some women decide to give me a mouthful on how I am degrading them by holding the door open, as this implies I view them as weak. This promptly makes me want to slam the open door into their faces and watch as they writhe around on the floor while their nose spouts out copious amounts of blood. What is happening to this world? Whatever happened to common courtesy? I don’t hold the door for people because I think they are weak, I do it to be polite!

Another view point many students have is that in order to wind down and de-stress from the weeks work is to waste a quarter of their pocket money getting so drunk that they cannot put together a coherent sentence, and then end the night by throwing up all they ate for supper and falling asleep. When did people start finding this behaviour acceptable or stress relieving? Firstly, it usually results in someone getting hurt or upset and secondly it just messes up your whole weekend! If they had rather chosen to buy a drink or two and get merry with their friends, they would wake up feeling fine, which will lead to them enjoying the Saturday instead of waking up at supper time with a splitting headache, knowing you have a mountain of work to catch up on Sunday. Does this sound fun? Does this sound stress relieving? I don’t think so. People should really find more constructive ways of having fun and better ways to spend their money. With the money they blew drinking, getting into Friars and buying complete strangers alcohol and cigarettes, they could have gone to the beach for the day or played paintball.

The final thing I have to complain about are certain members of our homosexual community who if asked to keep quiet for making a noise (this is just one example, but there are many) will immediately start telling me that I am homophobic and I’m telling them to keep quiet because they are gay. Once again my blood starts to boil and I want to grab the nearest rock and bash their ignorant, “you’re a gay-basher” card-pulling faces into the ground. Firstly, I ask anyone who is making excessive noise around me to be a little considerate and speak at a considerate noise level that does not hinder a person from hearing their own thoughts. Secondly, how can anyone misconstrue something so non-sexual into something which mocks their sexual orientation?

I could go on for hours at similarly stupid instances of people being morons, but that will get us nowhere. All I want to get across, is that people must stop victimising themselves, or using their differences to justify why they can do something wrong, or to get attention or even just to pick a fight. Respect peoples differences that include people who are not feminists, binge drinkers or heterosexuals. We all have the right to be what we want to be, so stop pushing your ideologies in my face and making me feel bad about mine.

No comments: